Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Tina's Handspun Magic Cowl!

Hey guys, It's me Tina, and my new handspun cowl! 


My new cowl is made of yarn I spun during Spinzilla (cough cough winners). I used a hand dyed merino roving made by our friend Meg of Sleep Season Goods. Meg teaches classes and sells her amazing hand dyed yarn and roving at FTC. This colorway is called Sleeping Beauty.



I can't believe it took me so long to cast on with my magical Sleep Season handspun, because it was so fun to knit with! When I finally did cast on, it went so fast. I was overly enthusiastic with each pop of new color. The cowl is a pattern I made up, and only took 400 yards of a sport weight single spun from my 4 ounce Sleep Season braid. The cowl was knit in the round, casting on 250 stitches on size US 10, 40" circulars. Using a larger needle really lets the yarn bloom and drape, showing off all the amazing colors.


I knit this while watching Dexter and it was done in no time which is a good thing, because the last two seasons were really dragging on. When I was almost out of yarn, I skipped to the last episode and started on my garter stitch edging and bound off. The perfect project to show off a beautiful handspun!


Thanks for checking out my new cowl! I love it so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous dye-job, stunning spinning, and superb knitting! A good "pattern" choice for handspun! Oh, and your fashion sense, as always, is so inspiring. When is the next Tina-fashion class, anyway?

ben said...

I like how people describe such things
massage London