Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Amber's Reverb Cardigan

When we recently hosted the Wool People 5 trunk show from Brooklyn Tweed, I have to admit, I tried on every single sweater. That's the great thing about trunk shows--you get to see in person and try on the handknits that you are considering spending a considerable amount of time making. (Note to reader--we have the BT Men trunk show coming at the end of this month, so come try on some knits!)


The sweater I fell hard for is Tanis Lavallee's Reverb cardigan. I didn't want to take it off. I needed it to be mine all mine. So I swatched and cast on immediately.


This tweedy cabled cardigan only took me about a month to knit, if you account for the couple of weeks that our Aranami KAL took me away from it. The worsted weight yarn knit up quickly and the zig-zag cables kept it interesting and kept me knitting "just a few more rows" every evening.


I chose nine leather knotted buttons to accentuate the grandpa-chic style, and I love it!

One thought on the pattern--were I to knit this sweater again I would deviate slightly from the pattern by knitting the button bands along with the body of the sweater. I think this makes for a neater finish and a more satisfying construction for those of us that don't love seaming.


I do love my new sweater and you'll probably see me wearing it next time you are in the shop!

Thanks to Bread Bar in Silver Plume for the beautiful photo setting!

No comments: