Friday, February 22, 2013

QuiltCon Sew-a-Thon: Robe Belladone Dress

So, I'm not 100% sure I put this Robe Belladone dress together correctly--the instructions were in French--but it seems to have turned out quite alright!

(Don't hesitate to try these patterns yourself, we now have the adorable Deer and Doe patterns with English translation!)



I made this dress in Malka Dubrawsky's Simple Marks fabric, in anticipation of her Color Your Cloth class at QuiltCon.


The dress has an adorable keyhole back. Cute!


Perhaps I will make another cute dress from my new handprinted fabric from Malka's class...check back soon to find out!

9 comments:

Rochelle New said...

I've seen this dress made up a few times now, and every time it just looks like it fits so well! I'm hoping it's one of those marvelous patterns that looks great on all shapes and sizes with little effort. ...I suppose there's only one way I'll find out.

p.s. I LOVE the fabric and how well it coordinates with the floor ;)

Jeanne Lois said...

This fabric is the perfect match for this dress!! TOO freakin cute!! xo

Erica Arakawa said...

So cute.

Samantha said...

Gorgeous!! Great job. I'm envious of your skills :)

Unknown said...

Oh jeez, another dress just hit my queue. Dang, ladies!

nancy said...

i love this dress! can i order a pattern online through fancy tiger?

Lauren B said...

The dress turned out really well!
I love the fabric design.

Anonymous said...

I love your version of the Belladone! I looks like it fits great and the fabric choice is awesome!

I just finished my first one. Check out my blog post!

http://sewcharleston.wordpress.com/2013/09/08/belladone-dress-by-deer-and-doe/

nobutterfly said...

Love your version of this dress!