Thursday, July 21, 2011

Better Know A Crafter: Karen Sobel

Cute Aidez attack! Totally crafty Karen has been featured before on our blog for sewing and knitting, and we couldn't resist showing you what she's been up to recently. She just finished a beautiful Aidez cardigan knitted up in Cascade Eco+!



Tell us about what makes you crafty.
I knit and I'm learning to sew. Both give me a little burst of sanity.

Tell us about your lovely cabled cardigan.
It is the Aidez sweater, by Cirilia Rose. Amber knitted it and posted pictures a few months ago and I got inspired. It really was pretty easy, as long as I stayed patient. Plus, I'm a librarian...we love our cardigans!


How did you learn to knit?
My grandmother the basics of this and a lot of other things (canning, embroidery, baking...) as a kid. I put most of them down but am picking them up again in my 30s. Thanks, Grandma!

Is your favorite animal still a giraffe?
Yes!

Thanks Karen! Happy knitting!

No comments: