Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Better Know A Crafter: Randall Bear

Randy is one of our favorite regular customers at Fancy Tiger Crafts. He can often be spotted on South Broadway in his maintenance vehicle keeping our neighborhood in tip-top shape. If you see him you may not expect that he is a super awesome quilter, but he is the most prolific quilter we know and often has five or more quilts in production.

Randall Bear



1) Tell us about the quilts you make.
I make star quilts. I use the star quilt pattern and I use cotton material.



2) How did you learn to quilt?
I was shown by my cousin from South Dakota. But mostly I taught myself.


3) What is your favorite animal?
The eagle.

Thanks Randy! We can't wait to see your next quilt!

7 comments:

Claudia said...

Randy is my new quilt hero! I certainly know who to go to with quilt questions now! :)

Pink said...

Wow, I see Randy riding his little cart all the time, never would have guessed...

Alicya said...

What happened to the line about him being a quilting ninja? Because thats totally what he is. awesome.

Ashley said...

This is by far my favorite "Better Know a Crafter" segment. Randall's quilts are amazing and he is such an unexpected character. Randy, you rock.

Mom said...

Randy's awesome! I Met him at the shop one day and he's a great & talented guy!

Anonymous said...

Randy Bear is my father :) ....and he is a super awsome quilter that can have 8 quilts done for me in less than a month LOve YOU DAD!!

textiledesigns said...

Randy, you are an amazing quilter! Better than I will ever be. Your designs and creations are so original! Great Job-Can't wait to see more! Jessica